Healtheast Palliative Care Team is seeking a Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner to join our growing team. This position will work independently and in collaboration with other nurse practitioners and physicians within the 4 HealthEast Hospitals.
- The position will be will be based at one primary hospital, and float to 1 or more hospitals based on the patient census.
- Hospitals locations include St. Joseph's and Bethesda Hospitals in St. Paul, St. John's Hospital in Maplewood, and Woodwinds Hospital in Woodbury, MN.
- Full time preferred (40 hours/week), will consider candidates interested in a .8 FTE (32 hours/week).
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm. NO nights, weekends or holidays.
- Provides inpatient visits, care, assessments, consultations and follow up for palliative care patients. Will see a variety of patients with chronic illnesses, except no pediatric patients.
- Communicates with patients and families to explain diagnosis, procedures, expected diagnostic or therapeutic treatments and prognosis.
- Collaborates, consults and communicates with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare providers and staff throughout the continuum of care.
- Fully integrated electronic medical record (EPIC) is utilized.
- Initial market competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package: CME, malpractice insurance (with tail coverage), retirement contributions and more.